ANST - What is a Peer?

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Tue Oct 19 06:02:25 PDT 1999

Bob Dewart wrote

> While anyone can make award recommendations, most groups don't have anyone
> who keep track of who has what and what folks have been doing.  How many
> times have you been surprized to discover that so n so didn't have the award
> you thought for a long time they did?

This can be EASILY rectified.  As herald for Tempio several years ago I started
a system that worked great.  Each person who has submitted a name/device from
your group should have a folder in the herald's box.   I organized ours in
manilla folders.  On the top tab was the person's name.  Insides were there
submissions.  On the front of the folder I had it set up like this:
Name passed______________
Device passed______________
AOA_____________________

In the lined spaces I put the date the item had passed or was given.  As for the
awards I simply added them to the front as they were given  In the case of
Thistles I also put WHAT it was for.
For those who were new to the group and did not submit name/device through our
office I made a folder for them anyway with al the info on the front as well.
This also helped out greatly in doing an OP for the group. Now for a HUGE group
like Stargate they might want to have a person whose sole job is keeping up on
awards.

Also, my  method was used before I had aa computer.  For anyone who has a
computer this would be the way to go.  It would take up less physical space.  Of
course hard copy folders won't get erased  when a virus or major computer glitch
hits.

At first it may take a while to do but *I* think it was worth it.  Many times
someone would ask if So n So had an award.  I could quickly check it out and get
back to the person asking.  I also kept a copy of the award rec. in that folder
for future use if needed.  If So n SO was passed over for an award then on the
second recommendation I/whoever was writing the rec. could inform the Crown that
this person had been recommended at _______________ before.

Hope this helps.

Moriel***