ANST - Proteges

KochKA at gvl.esys.com KochKA at gvl.esys.com
Wed Oct 20 10:51:29 PDT 1999

Pet d'Cat said:
>There are a number of Pelican's who take
>Proteges within this Kingdom now, so I guess we will
>see if they are an asset to the Kingdom or not.

I think it's already fairly safe to say that many of our proteges *are* a
great asset to Ansteorra.  Just take a look at Master Richard Fairborne (he
was proteged to Mistress Rhiannon, I believe), who Gunthar and I had the
great honor of elevating to Pelican during our reign, with the overwhelming
support of the circle.  He has long been a force in the Central region, and
has served admirably as Burke's second-in-command.  Consider also Lady
Arabella (protege to Viscount Galen), who was instrumental in the smooth
running of ATYC and is, I believe, currently holding a kingdom level
position.  Richard and Arabella have both taken on time-consuming, paperwork
intensive, often thankless jobs, but they do what they do with courtesy,
good humor, and a smile.  They are two of the hardest working people I've
ever met, and are certainly a credit to this kingdom.

I believe very firmly that service *can* be taught, in the ways that Master
Petruccio enumerated, and that Proteges are a great asset.  The *desire* to
serve, however - perhaps that's something you're simply born with.

Regards,
Sara  :)