ANST - "It's Not Period"

Michael Tucker michaelt at neosoft.com
Mon Oct 25 09:15:26 PDT 1999

Greetings, Ches and Duncan:

Members of _any_ Order of Peerage - or even _no_ Order - may fight for the right
to be Crown in Ansteorra, and (I believe) in most Kingdoms. I don't say "all",
because it's a matter of each Kingdom's law and custom (and I'm only familiar
with the laws and customs of Ansteorra). In Ansteorra, you don't have to be a
member of the Chivalry, you must simply be spoken for by one in order to enter
the Crown list.

Whatever Order or Orders you may or may not be a member of is irrelevant to your
question. Per Corpora, you must fight with the weapons of the tournament, i.e.
rattan and armor. It's _how_ the list is fought that matters.

For that matter, a Laurel or Pelican - or even a Don - can (and has) fought for
our Crown list. They just have to able to fight in "heavy" weapons and armor,
because that's how the list is fought. If they happen to be a member of the
Chivalry too, that's well and good. But it isn't required.

Yours,
Michael Silverhands