ANST - 101 uses for a deadman & his armour

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu Oct 28 19:02:01 PDT 1999

On 28 Oct 99, at 15:56, L Bledsoe wrote:

> Oh, and wolf...if you could do me a favour and save me a spare helm
> w/decapitated head inserted for my rose bush I would be greatly
> appreciative. Mom always said it was the best fertilizer for growing good
> roses.

will keep it in mind next time i'm hanging at the ford or prowling enemy camps
at night.  one of the big pluses in the armour regs, they require a secure
chinstrap in the helms ... tends to keep the head in place when you cleave the
neck ... and you get a two-fer - helm & head in one easy to carry package

for those interested in the basis of the celtic headhunting banter may i
recommend the following:

Fire In The Head: Shamanism and the Celtic Spirit
Tom Cowan
ISBN:	0-06-250174-7
LC: 		BL900.C69 1993

a good primer on the reasons for celtic headhunting, and a nice section on some
of the earlier (and darker) arthurian threads .. a perfect book for the season

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)