ANST - Re: [STEPS] Proposal for a fourth Peerage(long) (nl)

Jeanne Stapleton apiskp at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 12:35:30 PDT 1999

--- Pug Bainter <pug at pug.net> wrote:
> gptaylor (gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu) said
> something that sounded like:
> > Oh...then when every Laurel I know comes up to me
> and says something like, "DO
> > SOMETHING OTHER THAN JUST STAINED GLASS,"  I can
> tell them that I fight rapier?
> > Somehow...I don't think that they'll be
> convinced...  ;)
>
> Well oddly enough, Ansteorra is not a Kingdom that
> gives Laurels for a
> single field of expertise. There are several
> Kingdoms, possibly An Tir,
> that do though.

An Tir does, and in fact for a while had the opposite
train of thought:  they tended to look for people
who had "mastery" of a discipline, and it was a
change of track when they began considering
"Renaissance people" for Laurels.  One interesting
thing that tended to permeate An Tir Laurel circles
(in my inexpert opinion, just running the meeting)
was that there seemed to be a need for some element
of costuming involved--musicians got comments about
their costuming from costuming Laurels, for example.

I don't know if that's current SOP.

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
(old used Queen of An Tir some time back)

=====