ANST - Texas Assoc. of Living History...

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:44:00 PDT 1999

Heilsa Good my Brother Galen of Bristol...

You wrote these words:

>The problem is not that it's against _Corpora_.
>The problem is that, unless I'm mistaken, the
>law forbids tax exempt non-profit groups from
>getting involved in political advocacy.  As
>an organization, the SCA can't get involved.

I do believe that this would not be "political advocacy". Hel's Gate,
Brother, folks like the NAACP, ACLU, etc are eversomuch more involved in
real "party advocacy" than we would ever be... This is to have our input on
a vital issue that could effect our future existance as an organization in
the state of Texas. Lobbying is a much better term... I dare say that it
would certainly be non-partisan in nature... And fall well with-in the
guidelines set by the "Power-that-be" in the IRS...

>Which doesn't stop individuals from attending
>and expressing their personal opinions.  If
>people who just _happen_ to be SCA members
>participate, that's surely a good thing.

On this I agree with you 110%, Brother...!!

>- Galen of Bristol

Waes Thu Hael kinsman...
Kief av Kiersted
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."