ANST - White Belts?

Brent Hanner behanner at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 11 15:27:08 PDT 1999

C.L. Ward wrote:

> Peder said:
> >The majority of the sword belts are on people who are ritters
> >or above but in 13th century Germany knighthood was still a
> >rather middle class  thing. Knighthood would be the equililant
> >of recieving your AoA.  But  the fact is that even those that
> >aren't ritters in the Codex are wearing white sword belts. So
> >whats a guy to do?
>
> Peder, the way you keep asking this makes me think you want someone to jump
> up and say, "in that case, it's fine for you to wear a white belt even if you
> are not a knight!"

Nope, not my intent at all.  Karl von Augsburg pretty much summed up
my intent with his question.  "Historical accuracy or the rules of an
"educational" organization?   Good question."  In my original post I
said that I would post an overview of the results.  After Karl's
answer I wasn't going to but then josef of graywood asked if maybe
they were simply all knight so I decided to go ahead and do the
summary and ask the same question again.

Peder

P.S.  I have found one swordbelt that isn't white from that period
	in an obsure italian fresco.  Its an italian style belt and
	not german but it is black.

--
"So fashioned is a woman's mind:  though she be young or old, I find,
 she likes to have a lot of dresses.  It is not enough if she possesses

Service of Ladies by Ulrich von Lichtenstien