ANST - Re: ansteorra V1 #2049

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Tue Oct 12 05:59:33 PDT 1999

> Tyrca wrote
>
> My question for those of us rather "soapboxy" is, when a peer has life
> step in and interfere with participation with this game, do you then
> expect them to resign their peerage?  Are they not still peers even though
> they are not, financially or physically able to attend events or be seen
> by nose-counters?

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that.  Your elevation to Peerage is
in acknowledgment of who you are, who you have become, and that is not taken
away by a time of inactivity.   Inactive does not equate to "bad person", in
fact sometimes it shows that the person is more balanced.  Life has to come
first, and sometimes that means putting aside the SCA for a while.

The question was not brought up to deny anyone what they have earned.  It is
more to see how many people, after achieving the largest cookie we have,
keep doing what they were doing to get it.

I truly believe that your efforts in the SCA should be due to the love of
the activity, be it fighting, art, or service.  That love is proved when,
after the chief goal is attained, the individual keeps on doing what they
have always done.

I hope that no one has taken offense as this discussion, as it was surely
not intended to attack or accuse.

Alys.