ANST - lessons learned ,,, was: Lists of Peers

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Oct 13 06:46:07 PDT 1999

On 13 Oct 99, at 5:50, Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle wrote:

> --- "Mitman, Rikki" <Rikki.Mitman at compaq.com> wrote:
>
> > Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I still don't get it.
> > What is the *point* of all this listing and reporting and
> > active/inactive statusing?
>
> It's part of the social acculturation process necessary in a group this
> large who don't always get to see each other all that often. Argument
> and discussion are useful above and beyond whether or not any
> conclusion is reached.

not to mention in several cases it's answered the "i wonder where they are
now???" about several of my old friends from the last age that faded away
through the years.

also points out some new social factors about the kingdom ... it's become so
large that it's becoming increasingly easy to get lost in the shuffle ...
record keeping and archiving could be a *lot* better ... people are becoming
more region-centric (a factor of growth in size and peer density ... you tend
to know primarily your regional folk and what they do) .. and the term "active"
is in the eye of the beholder (g)

one thing that i would have been interested in seeing in the breakdowns,
spcialty (if any, as has been discussed) and kingdom where that peerage was
granted (basic curiosity about the migratory habits of the prey species ...
oops, strike that (grin))

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)