ANST - "Active" Peers -Reply

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Wed Oct 13 12:43:29 PDT 1999

I think se revel events a month is a little too much. While I am all for
peer being active I also believe that they deserve a private life. I also
think we must allow the Peer to have some fun. Last year I was averaging
5 hours an event at meetings. I wasn't made a peer because I was good at
meetings. I was made a peer because of my work with people. Most of the
meetings had over 40 people in them. Most of the people were giving great
advice to the Crown. If I wanted to make the meetings better all I had to
do was shut up. I decide that going out and working with people and
showing them that peers could have fun was more important than forcing
myself to go and do boring things. If I got burned out then I wouldn't be
of any use to the SCA and the Kingdom.