ANST - "Active" Peers Really active peers

Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle tiomoid at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 11:41:43 PDT 1999

--- jonwillowpel at juno.com wrote:

> For years in Ansteorra it was our practice to praise the good and
> ignore the bad.

A policy with which I categorically disagree. It is as important to
deprecate the bad as it is to praise the good.

> We do this for two reasons. First there are a lot of childish
> people who glory in bad press. Second  the theory being that it is
> possible to stop people from talking but it is very hard to make us
> talk.

A third reason, which typically goes unadmitted, is that any criticism
of any one at any time for any reason falls afoul of the Tolerance And
Diversity Political Correctness Sensitivity Police.

One of the reasons I have such a reputation as an asshole is that I am
carrying the load for several hundred other people who haven't got the
courage to say "Horseshit!" when they see it.

> Silence can be a deadly weapon.

I agree. As Edmund Burke said, "For evil to triumph it is merely
necessary for good men to do nothing."

> Sir Galen is one.

Just from watching him, I'd say he's actually two. Or maybe three.

> Please write about Peers you know that are doing well.

And those that aren't doing well.

Fra Tadhg Liath OFT
The Grumpiest Pelican