ANST - Lists of Peers, the next generation, or deep south 35, or voyageur...

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Thu Oct 14 15:39:49 PDT 1999

Greetings and Hi There,  :)

Sir Galen said something like:
  Do we presently have peerage-quality active archers in Ansteorra?

:) This is a difficult thing to answer as everyones diffintion may be
differant.  However, I would like to bring up the fact that this Kingdom
does not have an AoA or Grant level award for archery.

One might say that the Thistle and Iris covers the recognition for archery.

To that I'd have to say,"Not very well."  (I can get the numbers of Thistles
for archery and related areas if needed).

Maybe it's just me, but awards are there to promote interest and  to
recognise achievment.  For the past several years, I've been watching our
scores in both the IKAC and IKCAC steadily go down.  As of now there are
serveral division of the IKAC competion in which we have no scores.  And for
the first time this *decade* we are very close to not having a score for the
IKCAC.  Granted the IKAC and IKCAC aren't the begining and end to all
archery.  But they are a measureable quantity with which to see how you
compare to other archers.

So what does all this mean other than Gilli is ramblingonatthemouthagain?
Just a guess on my part; but, since the Kingdom seems to be ignoring
archery, perhaps the archers are ignoring archery too.

I'm not saying that by having AoA and a Grant level award for archery will
change anything.  But, it couldn't hurt.

As for a peerage, well, figure the odds.  279 peers of which 3 9that I know
of) were archery related.

Thanks for reading.  Ok, fire up.

Gilli

Shoot more arrows, you're bound to hit something.  To darken the skies with
Ansteorran arrows at Gulf War, someone must first make them.  I speak for no
one but myself.  My opinions are mine.  Void where prohibited.  Your mileage
may vary.  :)