IKAC archery (was Re: ANST - Lists of Peers, the next generation, or deep south 35, or voyageur...)

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Sat Oct 16 14:02:46 PDT 1999

Thouse of us that shoot archery on a regular basis get tired of the same old
thing and specialty / novality shoots become a way of finding a new
challenge. If I am running a shoot that requires specific equipment (combat
blunts) I have them for loan as well as long/recurve bows. I also feel that
anyone else that is running such a shoot should also especialy if it was not
listed as such in the Black Star! Crossbows are more than welcome on my
range, I look forward to shooting with / aginst them.
An IKAC takes time to run and as archers are no better organized than the
rest of the SCA we tend to be late in getting started and end up running
into darknes when shooting. Shooting in the dark sucks ben there done that.
Also combat points can be shot in places that target points can't, some
times it is a saftey thing.
I can't promis any thing at this time but will try to have the IKAC reange
up for Black White and sort of Gray at Ravensfort, come if you can I look
forward to shooting with you.

>Personally, I would love to shoot archery more, but from what I have noticed,
>fewer groups are holding IKAC shoots at events.  I've seen specialty shoots
>and competitions with combat points only, but target archery competitions
>seem to be getting fewer to me.  It also seems that more competitions are not
>allowing crossbows of any kind.  And the competitions that do occur are not
>IKAC.  Not every group has a site where they can shoot archery for score at
>a practice.
>
>Mirrim

Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra