ANST - looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, but its green

Valentyn valentyn at home.com
Mon Oct 18 08:48:10 PDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Russell Husted <husted at hotmail.com>

> But let me ask the question this way,
>
> It looks like a knight, acts like a knight, and talks like a knight, but
> doesn't use a stick to fight.

If it doesn't fight with rattan, it isn't looking or acting completely like
a knight, simple as that.

> Basicaly, the peer that is left out because he does not quite fit in.
>
> friends who have fallen between the cracks. Those we respect a lot, but do
> not quite fit the mold and therefore never get the recognition of being
the
> peer they are.

What makes you think they've "fallen through the cracks"?  Most of us chose
whether we wanted to fight heavy or light, devote ourselves to A&S, or do
whatever it is that we do.  I knew from Day 1 (or at least 2 or 3) that I'd
never be King by fighting rapier...does that mean that Crown Tourney should
be held as a rapier tournament every other reign, because limiting it to
heavy
isn't fair to all the excellent rapier fighters?

Not hardly.  It means that if you want to be King, you pick up rattan.
If you want the award, you change yourself to earn it.  Making an
award/title/station easier to get by altering the standards detracts from
the award more than it adds to those who achieve it.

> sincerely,
> mahee of acre

Valentyn Drake