ANST - Patents

Tim Lozos timden at lcc.net
Mon Oct 18 16:36:51 PDT 1999

Greetings!

Sheesh, I'm responding to my own post...

I said...
>>   Why are we one of the very few (only?) Kingdoms that dont give them out?

Ok, so I did a bit of research and here's the skinny on who gives Royal
patents...

West - yes
East -  yes*
Middle- yes*
Atenvelt- yes
Meridies- no
Caid- yes
Atlantia- yes
An Tir- yes
Calontir- no
Trimaris- no**
Outlands- yes
Drachenvald- yes*
Artemesia- yes
Aethelmarc- yes***
Ealdomere- ???

* = the incoming Crown polls the former Royal Peers before granting the Patent
**= It *can* be given at the pleasure of the incoming Crown (kinda wierd
wording)
***= the incoming Crown polls all the Peerage orders before granting the Patent

So the total is 11 yes, 4 no, and 1 unknown (if you can figure it out from
Ealdomere's website, please let me know). One caveat to that is almost all
of the "yes" Kingdoms grant the Patent "at the pleasure of the Crown" and
"if the person does not already hold a Patent" so the award is not automatic
even in those kingdoms.

Sir Timo