ANST - Keeping track of who has what awards

jruble jruble at napa-bbi.com
Tue Oct 19 13:37:01 PDT 1999

Baron Michael said:

> summoned into court, then whisper to the herald: "We don't have a
scroll,
> but We
> want to give a Sable Thistle to this person. Sorry we didn't mention it
> sooner."
> (Don't laugh. I saw this happen.) A crisis, you say? Not for the Savvy
> Herald!
> Quick as a flash ROM, he or she whips out their pocket assortment of
> Scroll
> Texts and announces the award, as surely and smoothly as if they had
> spent their
> life learning them. :-)

I usually have a copy of all scroll texts with me, on paper, in vinyl
sheet protectors, in a binder.  Takes no batteries, easy to hand to
another herald and expect them to use it correctly.  I have Master Lucais
to thank for the Large Type copies; they are easier to read by flickering
torchlight.

Your Excellency is certainly welcome to send me money for copying, and
I'll get you a set to add to the papers all landed nobility seemed to have
to carry from event to event.  *** Approaching Humor *** That way you can
continue to play Space Invaders without having to surrender the Palm Pilot
to the herald during court. *** End Humor Alert ***

And besides... It's fun to play Remember That Text...

Ulfie