ANST - Thegns and Ban-thegns

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:45:15 PDT 1999

Salut cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

Timothy of Glastonbury, in response to Duchess Larissa's explanation -

> > This is one of the reasons several other Kingdom's developed an
> > alernate
> > title for former Landed nobles, an example of that is a Thegn and Ban
> > Thegn,
> > which carries a GOA to give it rank and presedence.  (That's why my
> > other
> > half is a Thegn)

- asks:

>This is a fascinating bit of Interkingdom Anthropology.  Which Kingdom
>specifically are you refering to? Atenveldt?

Yes.  In Atenveldt, a former landed Baron/Baroness may style themselves
Thegn/Ban-thegn and wear coronets which contain the badge of their former
barony.  I'm not sure whether Artemisia decided to carry on the same
tradition.

I was under the impression, however, that both a Court Barony and a
Thegn-dom conferred a GOA in Atenveldt.

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace, Thegn of One Thousand Eyes