ANST - Keeping track of who has what awards

Valentyn valentyn at home.com
Tue Oct 19 12:18:17 PDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Tucker <michaelt at neosoft.com>

> Unfortunately, in a group with over 170 paid members (and about 300
"active"
> regardless of membership status) it's _extremely_ difficult to keep up!
Having
> someone just to keep up with this isn't a bad idea.
>
> We have the Order of Precedence (OP), of course, both in print and online.
It
> helps, but it always seems to be 6 months to a year behind the times. If
it were
> always up to date, perhaps we wouldn't need the index cards so much (just
our
> Domesday). Hmmm... I hate to identify a problem without suggesting a way
> solve it, but I don't know of any better way to do it. :-\
>
> Yours,
> Michael Silverhands
> current Baron of Stargate

I'll offer a solution, though a bit sooner than I had planned -- I've
written some
database software to track information for the youth rapier and youth boffer
authorizations, warnings, and sanctions.  From there I got a little carried
away
and added sections to record a person's awards, offices, and demographic
information (household, heraldry, homepage addresses, etc).  I'm not quite
finished with the reporting section yet, but that'll be soon.  If any of the
baronies,
shires, etc, would like a copy to track their populace information, just
drop
me an email.

Valentyn