ANST - Having trouble with research

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Oct 20 09:17:23 PDT 1999

> I am trying to do research on my personae and am having problems
> finding the information.
> Angus is a mid 14th century (1350) Scottish Highlander.  I am looking
> for everyday life, clothing, food..just about anything I can find.
> But do to  a lack of written history about the Highlands it is quite a
> difficult task.  Can anyone help me find this information or point me
> in the right direction.
>
> Thank you
> Phil Foster

I'm not sure why you are having trouble finding info on the Scottish
Highlands. I would think that would be one of the easiest to research.

Anyway, here are some of the files in my Florilegium that might prove
useful. There are a number of other sites on the web that cover
Scotland. I've stopped adding much to my files on Scotland simply
because there was so much else out there on more specialized sites.
In the CULTURES section:
Scotland-msg      (65K)  5/25/99    Scottish culture. Who lived where.
Medieval
                                       points of interest. The Orkney Islands.

In the CLOTHING section:
cl-Scot-fem-art   (14K)  7/ 2/96    Scottish women's clothing.
cl-Scot-male-art  (18K)  6/20/96    Scottish men's clothing.
cl-Scotland-msg  (125K)  5/21/99    Clothing of Scotland. folding of kilts.

In the FOOD section:
haggis-msg        (79K) 10/ 6/99    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.

In the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
fd-Scotland-msg   (13K) 11/11/98    Medieval food of Scotland. recipes.

In the PERFORMANCE ARTS section:
bagpipes-msg      (21K)  9/ 2/98    Medieval bagpipes. Use in the SCA.
SI-songbook1-art  (86K)  5/29/96    A Collection of Scottish and Irish songs,
SI-songbook2-art  (72K)  5/29/96       compiled by Ioseph of Locksley.
SI-songbook3-art  (77K)  5/29/96       (part 3 of 4)
SI-songbook4-art  (86K)  5/29/96       (part 4 of 4)

In the PERSONAS section:
names-Scot-art    (23K)  9/14/95    Article on medieval Scottish names.
names-Scot-msg     (9K)  1/ 2/97    Sources for period Scottish names.
  (This section also has some good, general files on what a persona is and
how to develop one)

My Florilegium is on the web at:
http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html

Hope this helps get you started.