ANST - Collection of interesting Medieval websites

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 14:33:50 PDT 1999

I should know better than to leap to my own defense, but here it goes :

--- j'lynn yeates <jyeates at realtime.net> wrote:
> On 20 Oct 99, at 15:23, Caley Woulfe wrote:
>
> > After having been chastised for wasting list space, I have
> collected the
> > rest of my website discoveries below. If you aren't interested, hit
> the
> > delete button.

I would not that I requested that you combine them all into one
message, OR, give more of a description in each of the messages about
the site.  I never once said that your posts were a waste of list
space, I simply indicated there was a better way to handle distributing
them to everyone.

> a "waste of list space" is only in the eye's of the vocal observer
> (usually in
> the minority)  ... i would wager that the majority found no problem
> with the
> orgional form and content.  i for one welcomed new links of interest
> in my
> preferred form - single messages make it so much easier to file the
> orgionals
> away in my rather immense storage hierarchies (have *many* peoples
> words going
> way back to the bbs age ... it's the archivist / librarian in my
> soul)

Again, I never said "waste of list space", and indeed spent some
enjoyable time browsing the Medieval Serbia page.  I made a request, to
lower the volume of messages without lowering content, or to raise the
content to match the volume.  As is noted by Stefan in another message
about this, if there was a more detailed 'review' about what was on
each of these sites it would have well been worth a message a piece (a
'review' being as simple as a paragraph or two about what this page
contains).

> my thanks to you for some new links of interest to enhance the
> bookmark
> collection.

Indeed, thank you for sharing these.  And thank you for being kind
enough to concatenate them into one email for us.

> for those who chose to find fault with such a trivial matter and
> rudely
> chastised a kind person trying to provide a service ... i would
> council that a
> better use of your energies would be in learning to not be so easily
> annoyed by
> such things of no real consequence in the grande schemes of things

I am sorry that you consider my comments rude.  I was simply offering a
way to make these URLs more convienient and less messages intensive
than they currently were.  I never once suggested that the material was
inappropriate for this list or that the posting should stop, simply the
method of the posting change.

> 'wolf

Ever,

Timothy of Glastonbury