ANST - "It's Not Period"

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Oct 21 09:37:16 PDT 1999

Gunnora wrote:
> Don Kazimir said:
> >I have noted that resistance to even the idea of peerage for
> >martial prowess outside of armored combat can almost be summed
> >up with the phrase "that's not how it was."
>
> This was also the rallying cry when people were trying to prevent women from
> fighting.  It continues to be the rallying cry against same-sex consorts.
>
> The only way to get around this particular objection is research.  By the way,
> Kaz, I know you do good research.  You ought to publish it in Tournaments Illuminated
> where more people can see it.
>
> Educate and you may force a paradigm change.  Overcoming status quo inertia
> is another issue altogether.

Don Kazimir (and others),

If you feel your writing ability is not up to the Tournaments
Illuminated, or
for some reason you don't want to submit your research there, please consider
submitting it to me for inclusion in the Florilegium. You keep the copyright
and my policy is to update or remove it at a later date if requested by
the author.
Unless the other publication(s) have a policy against it, there is no reason
you can't have the article in both places. If an article is already
scheduled for
publication I'm also willing to hold off placing it in the Florilegium until
after the other publication has been published.

And to connect this to other recent threads here, Mistress Nicolaa, who
has a
number of her articles at my site as well as others, credits having those
articles on the web with helping her get her Laurel.

The Florilegium gets around 100K "hits" a month, so if an article is there
it will be seen.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net