ANST - Joint circles

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Oct 21 11:47:52 PDT 1999

> Stefan li Rous
> stefan at texas.net
>
> PS: I'm still not sure why Their Majesties must be present in every
> circle. Couldn't the senior Peers in each circle just present the
> results of each circle's deliberation to the Crown?

Because each Peer is equal no matter how senior. It is also the responsibility
of the Crown to listen to each Peers words.  An important consideration for
a candidate is to listen to how each Peer feels about that candidate. The
discussion
and debate of a candidate are far more important than the numbers of "yes/no"
votes.

To entrust a couple of senior members to present a report does not necessarily
tell the Crown what the Circle truly thinks.

I hope this helps clarify the situation.

Yers,

Gunthar