ANST - History of Awards

Lorraine and/or Kief deer_kief at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 22 16:29:51 PDT 1999

>Greetings Ansteorra,
>
>I am doing a bit of a history project right now and would like the
>assistance of those who have been playing longer than I have.  I am
>trying to compile a list of the Monarchs that created the various
>awards within our Kingdom.  Below is a list of the awards, and I would
>appreciate any help (private responses are likely best, I don't know if
>the list is interested in my project).  Some of these I believe I know
>who created them, but I am trying to confirm.  If possible, I would
>like to know which reign it was during for those who have reigned
>multiple times.
>
>Awards :
>--------

According to the Constitutions of the Awards...

>Court Barony

Society instituted...

>Iris of Merit
Jonathan and Willow / first reign
revised...Lloyd and Joselyn/ 1st
revised...Seamus and Karlanna/ 2nd
revised...Inman and Athena/ last and by Patrick and Julia/ 3rd
(administrative up keep)

>Star of Merit
Same as Iris

>Centurion of the Sable Star
Inman's 6th and Athena's 2nd

>White Scarf of Ansteorra
same as Iris

>King's Gauntlet
>Queen's Glove

together...same as Iris (sans the Inman/Athena/Patrick/Julia)

>Sable Crane
same as Gauntlet and Glove

>Sable Thistle
ditto

>Sable Falcon

Inman, Sept 1982
revised by Hector, June 1987

>Lion of Ansteorra
same as Gauntlet and Glove

>King's Archer
Don't remember ---I think during Kien and Aleshia's last???

>Queen's Rapier
Julia and Patrick, 1989

>Motley Sash
Bear and Catherine

>Golden Bridle
Don't remember ---With in the past two years

>Rising Star
Mikael and Rebekka/ 1st

>Compass Star
Compas Rose ???
Mikael and Rebekka/ 1st

>Sable Comet

Sigmund and Siglinda/2nd
revised...Seamus and Karlanna/2nd
revised...Patrick and Julia/last

>King's Favor (I believe this is the awards name)

With in the past couple of years....

>Again, any help would be wonderful! Thanks.
>
>Ever,
>
>Timothy of Glastonbury
>Deputy to Nautilus Pursuivant

Your Herald's office should have the July 1 , 1993 Roll (order) of
Prescedence...It is the last one printing  the Scroll texts and
Constitutions with it....All awards have to have their Constitutional
Changes...or their Constitutions printed in the Black Star to become
"Law"...check the past few years for the ones I didn't have on hand...

Lorraine DeerSlayer

Spending time on this rather than finishing packing
for BG...