ANST - Performing arts for Gulf War

Scott Fridenberg scottf at webzone.net
Mon Oct 25 20:46:04 PDT 1999

STASYAD at aol.com wrote:

> Greeting unto the Artisans of Ansteorra,
>
> After reviewing the options for selecting the 20 static and 5 performing
> artisans to represent Ansteorra at Gulf War.

<SNIP>

>   The Performing artists will be chosen by
> competition at Candlemas, Feb 5th.
>
> IIn Service.
> Mistress Anastassia

I do hope that this won't be a repeat of what happened 2 years ago when they
selected the performing artists for Gulf War at Candlemas.  In 12 years as a
bard those were absolutely the worst conditions I've ever performed under.
Well, except for singing as the tornadoes came over during Interkingdom IX.
Even then it's close.   We had a few hundred people crowded into one room and
held the bardic in that same room right next to a puppet show run by a lady with
one heck of a loud voice.  The noise level was such that it was difficult to
carry on a conversation let alone perform.  The performers had to shout to be
heard at all, and some weren't heard.  If the event is to be held at the same
site and a seperate room can't be found to perform in, then I strongly reccomend
moving the performing arts selection to another event.   This is not intended as
a slight to the good people of Bryn Gwlad.  It was a very good event and I found
the people of Bryn Gwlad to be very hospitable.  But that hall was a performers
nightmare.

While I'm on the subject, can anyone give me any information on what the
conditions will be for Kingdom Eisteddfhodd?  Will we be performing in the same
room as the rest of the event or will we have a seperate room to perform in?

Robert Fitzmorgan
Barony of Northkeep