ANST - 101 uses for a deadman & his armour

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu Oct 28 07:37:14 PDT 1999

warning: only the sick-puppy faction should venture past this point ...

On 28 Oct 99, at 9:33, Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> > > I sleep on the bodies of my slain enemies.
>
> >  Isn't that kinda lumpy?
>
> Not after I'm through with them.

that's what maces are for .. to work out the lumps.

and contrary to comon opinion, the fat ones do not make the best bedding ... as
they "turn" faster than their leaner cynn .. and when through, toss em on the
raven feeder (no hold should be without one ...)

if you find anyone in scale, save them .. drag em' in front of your tent.
makes a *marvelous* boot-scrapper for muddy days.

> Get rid of the helms (or use as frypans and griddles)

sometimes you find a spangen helm tight enough to use as a cooking pot.  for
griddles though, a good breast / backplate is just the thing.  one *excellent*
addition to the camp-kitchen, find one of those horrid flat top helms and you
have a perfect camp stove - set the fire inside the helm and feed through the
faceplate, cook on the flat top ...

to really snazz up a campsite, scrounge up some helms with seperate eye-holes /
occulars and use them as lantern / candle covers - the "jack-o-lantern" effect
really sets a camps mood ...

but a much better use for helms ... scrounge around the field for those of the
right size and characteristics and you can put together a pretty good
percussion kit ... if you don't like the "gong" effect leave the heads in for
dampening.

with a little creative work back at home, they can be converted into really
nice wind chimes (the actual fate of my last ancient freon-can monstrosity) or
alarm / attention bells ....

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)