ANST - Seeking the Lions of Ansteorra

Wendy Freeman/Otte Wyllow at netscape.net
Fri Oct 29 10:40:57 PDT 1999

If anyone reading this knows of a Lion of Ansteorra that does not read the
list, please pass this message on.

A Persona Development group is forming in the Houston area, to challenge and
aid those gentles wishing to expand their knowledge and their ability to
"live" in their chosen time, place, and role in the Middle Ages.  I am seeking
those noble gentles who have recognized for their ability to make this
difficult transition, to beg a simple boon.  Would you share a little time
with us?

We are meeting every Monday at 7:00 pm until Christmas, at 6100 Coutryside
Drive in League City, which is a short ways south of Houston on I-45 and west
on FM 518.  We would welcome a visit, if you are in town and can make it to
the meeting.  Or,  we could arrange a short time during a Kingdom Event to
meet and talk.

Here are some of the areas we are planning to explore.  Other ideas are
welcome:

Location and Commerce (Trade routes and centers), Local Power Structures,
Kingdom (historical!) Politics, Social Stuctures, Crafts/Skills, Travel,
Traditions, and Religion.

Hopefully, these rather hefty-sounding discussion areas will also bring out
the simplicities of life.  For example, the above respectively can include -
foods (from local and trade goods), neighbors and allies, attitude toward
superiors/inferiors, living arrangements (from furniture to land ownership),
education and work, attitudes towards foreigners and visitors, holidays and
celebrations, and beliefs.

If you would be willing to help us in any way, please contact me off-line.

You humble servant,
Lady Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh
wyllow at netscape.net
or 281-316-0764 between 7pm and 11pm.