ANST - 13th Warrior-Its Just A Movie!

Ronnie ronna at primenet.com
Mon Sep 6 08:18:20 PDT 1999

>> > So we can expect you to be wearing a ray gun at the next event?
>> > After all, we're just here to have fun....
>
>> For heavens sake it is just a movie.  Not everything is about, or has
>> an effect on, the SCA.
>
>Anything that is posted to the Ansteorra list presumably is about, or
>has an effect on, the SCA. If not, then it doesn't belong here.

<chuckling>  Hon, if I put that much starch in my life garments, they'd
itch, and I'd probably be grumpy.  <blowing kisses at Tadhg>  Especially
(and think of the marks they'd leave!) if I laced myself so tightly into
them.  <adding a hug>  Makes me think of asking someone to write or say
their name differently so it's easier for me to spell or say it.  Just
doesn't allow for individuality.

We're all adults here (?!), and as adults "presumably" are able to discern
and give tolerance to the differences between our chosen hobby and the joy
of a little humor or levity in conversation that's a degree or two off plumb
of full on-topic.  (Huh!  I can hear, "It's a *hobby*!" -- "It's a *game*!"
a la the old brew commercials! <GG>  The one argument that seems to me to
fit poorly as a square peg for the round hole of the SCA is, "It's a
*lifestyle*!")

I mean, it's not like someone's axe-murdering everyone on the list by a post
or two in OT conversation.  I thought one of the differences between
conversation and debate is the flow of tangental ideas and comments through
the discourse.

Looking at what I just wrote, I don't stay completely on topic too well in
conversation, either, do I?  Too many people enjoying my head, I guess.
<quietly humming to "Don't Fence Me In">
Ronnie.  <a degree or two toward blond of being a full redhead>