ANST - Queen's Rapier Question

Ledonna tavy at swbell.net
Sun Sep 5 19:38:35 PDT 1999

CADET1313 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/5/99 3:06:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
> crescentia3 at hotmail.com writes:
>
> << I've been unable to find a picture on the Ansteorra website, so I was
> hoping
>  someone could help me with this...
>  I'm trying to paint a Queen's Rapier, but there is no information regarding
>  how to paint the flower, the hilt, and the blade. I would assume there are
>  color preferences, or is it up to my discretion?
>
>  Thank you-
>  Cres (who doesn't want to ruin a perfectly good Queen's Rapier) >>
>
> Painting a queens rapier? The Queens rapier is a red and white braid hung
> from a ring. If you mean the award paper then minne has the flower like this
> : center star= black, then inner flower gold then outer black with gold trim.
> My hilt is gold with the blade silver and the grip is a red and black mix.
> hope that helps
>
> Ld Pieter Rausch
> Holder of the Queens Rapier

According to Baroness Curstaidh Magorlick, Star Signet,

The Queen's rose is three layers: the black star is in the center with a
gold rose detailed in black, then a black rose with gold detail.  The
leaves are green (those triangular thingies are leaves), and the sword
is traditional silver with a gold hilt.  Check that bottom of the
charter to see if there are any directions beyond these.

If you have any other chater painting questions she said that you can
contact her at lalemons at flash.net

HL Delphina de Champeaux
Holder of the Queen's Rapier
Sister to the Star Signet