ANST - Cruise - Sorry for the Bandwidth

Margo Lynn Hablutzel Hablutzel at compuserve.com
Tue Sep 21 20:03:12 PDT 1999

SMITHSONIAN CRUISE BERTH AVAILABLE

Hi, y'all:

Excuse the bandwidth, but I need to spread word as far and fast as
possible.  I was supposed to sail with the Smithsonian Associates on an
adventure called "Following The Trail of Lewis & Clark on the Snake and
Columbia Rivers," departing Portland on 16 October and returning 22
October.  However, I have a new job and don't yet have vacation time to use
for this trip.

If I find someone to replace me, all would be well.  You get a cabin with a
window looking out; I'd asked for shared accommodation.  They have not yet
assigned roommates.  I don't know what space is available, but I am told
that the cruise is not full which is why I have to find a replacement.  Am
still trying to get hold of people at the Smithsonian (NOT good at
returning calls) to get info about this, but the tour people suggested I
try to find a replacement to attend the cruise.

Days include:  Eastern Washington's Wine Country; Clarkston (Wolf Education
and Research Center, Nez Perce National Historical Park); Palouse River
(kayaking, Zodiacs, hiking); Columbia River Gorge (Maryhill Museum,
Columbia River Discovery Center); Astoria (Fort Canby and Astoria, Fort
Clatsop, Columbia River Maritime Museum).  If you have any interest in
Lewis & Clark's explorations, this is a good summary of the ending
locations.

Also tours of Portland, hotel for Friday night, and transit to and from
airport or train if needed; airfare not included.  Please contact me as
shown below if interested.

                                        ---= Morgan

           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
           |/     Morgan Cain * Hablutzel at compuserve.com
                     Barony of the Steppes * Ansteorra
                Daytime Email Address Changing - Stay Tuned!

            Go gereime dliodoir bauil do chuid caloga arbhair!
            (May a sympathetic lawyer gnaw at your cornflakes)