ANST - strange craziness in the texas legislature

Malachai Morgan dmc60523 at jetson.uh.edu
Sun Sep 26 22:10:08 PDT 1999

According to the House Office of Bill Analysis, this bill was created for the
following reason:
Prior to the 76th Legislature, state law did not exclude from weapons
prohibitions certain weapons carried for historical reenactments.  This
situation may have hindered individuals from accurately depicting
historical events.  H.B. 2825 excludes a replica of an antique or curio
firearm from the definition of  "firearm," only if the replica does not use
rim fire or center fire ammunition; and provides an exception to the
prohibition on carrying certain knives for a bowie knife or a sword carried
for the purpose of a historic demonstration or ceremony.

Malachai