ANST - Rope Beds

auntdwen at ionet.net auntdwen at ionet.net
Mon Sep 27 09:55:10 PDT 1999

Greetings,

  My Lord Johann and I tried a rope bed, but found that it a.) took up too much room in the tent; and b.) caused us to roll together in the middle of the bed (good for winter, lousey for summer!).  His solution was to get a woodworking magazine that had a pattern for a queen sized futon which becomes a couch during the day and a wonderful bed at night.  It does require a futon matress (anywhere from $80 - $300) and a means of transporting it.  We didn't have any problem putting it in two parts plus mattress in the back of his full sized chevy truck.  We now have a trailer and it fits quite well.

Baroness Ceridwen of Wizard's Keep
Wastelands