ANST - strange craziness in the texas legislature

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Sat Sep 25 12:55:47 PDT 1999

> --- Mike  Young <uther at lcc.net> wrote:

> A friend mailed this to me.  Does anyone know if it's for real?  I
thought the law always read something like this. Any info is
appreciated.

> As of 09/01/99 the following addition to section 46.15
> Texas Penal Code:
> (e) Provides that provisions of section 46.02
> (unlawful carrying weapons), Penal Code,
> prohibiting
> the carrying of an illegal knife do not apply
> to an individual carrying a bowie knife or a
> sword used in a historical demonstration or in
> a ceremony in which the knife or sword is
> significant to the performance of the ceremony.
> this now means The SCA finally has there own
> law.

I will point out that, even if it was real, there is a long history of
sheriffs and police in Texas confiscating perfectly legal rifles and
shotguns for reasons both legitimate and not.

When dealing with police in Texas keep it cool and respectful, even if
you think the law is on your side.

Doré