ANST - Rope Beds

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Sep 27 09:25:22 PDT 1999

> Would any gentles out there know of where I could get a pattern for a good
> rope bed? My Lordand I are looking for a way to get our mattress off the
> ground. Any comments about rope beds and colapsible beds are aslo welcome. We
> would like to have a functional bed that doesn't have to many problems
> asscociated with it.
>
> Lady Sorcha McCullogh
> Shire of Brad Leah

In the last year, I gave up on the rope bed because it was more trouble to
put together and I couldn't solve the fact that they tend to sag. I created
a platform bed to solve these problems. Both this one and the rope bed were
double beds built to fit a double air mattrass.

For some information and suggestions on what over people have done, take
a look at this file in the HOME, SWEET HOME section of my Florilegium:
beds-msg         (131K)  4/15/99    Medieval and SCA beds. rope and slat beds.
http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/files/beds-msg.html

Some of the information in this file might also be useful:
furniture-msg     (85K)  5/ 7/99    Making chests and tables for the SCA.
                                       Period furniture.
http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/files/furniture-msg.html

My Florilegium is on the web at:
http://lonestar.texas.net/~lg_photo/florilegium/