ANST - Youth Rapier Fighter Practice

Chris and Trish Makowski roecourt at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 28 06:35:41 PDT 1999

Greetings and Salutations!

Starting this Sunday, Steppes Youth Rapier with be running concurrant with
adult chivalric fighter practice. If I have help, it will sart at the same
time, if I don't then it will run about an hour and a half to two hours
after so I can get in my Chivalric workout before all the guys leave.

This Sunday (October 3rd) I will have the suthorization cards there, and be
running a short class for the sdults that want to help teach the kids. You
MUST be YR authorized before you can fight with the kids at practice, and
just like the kids, you must have a gorget under your mask. (Think Schlager
armor) Also the kids are only allowed to fight with foils (#5 foils) and the
senior age range can add dagggers (flexi-daggers). The Rapier rules are
online at http://www.ansteorra.org/law/youth_rapier.htm .

The minimum age for rapier is 12. The age splits go 12-14, then 15-18. I'm
hoping that children wanting to fight rapier that are under the age of 12
will join in the boffer for their age group to get an idea of how their
bodies move, and the rules of the lists.

The next Rapier tourny that I am aware of is Bryn Gwlad Baronial Faire,
October 23rd. If we can get loaner armor  togather soon, we can probably
field whichever fighters we have by then. Just bring donations that you want
to drop off to Fighter Practice or any Baronial function. Let me know ahead
of time so I can make sure to have space in the car. (Yes, that was a
shameless plug for donations.) Valentyn also informed me that there was a
gentleman that wanted to donate some foils or foil blades to the youth. If
anyone knows about this, please send an e-mail or call me.

We are recommending that the youth get all-in-one masks for added
protection. Beyond that the armor standards are the same as for Adult Rapier
with the addition of a gorget. I look forward to seeing you all Sunday!

Anastasiia Iliiovna Kiianina
Trisha Makowski
Steppes Youth Rapier Marshal

972-272-9631