ANST - Proposal for a fourth Peerage(long) (nl)

John Edgerton sirjon at netcom.com
Thu Sep 30 13:05:18 PDT 1999

Greetings

I am putting together a proposal for a fourth peerage to be sent to the
SCA BOD for their January meeting. It will be for skill in the related
fields of non tournament martial activities, such as: Archery, equestrian,
fencing, thrown weapons and war combat. War combat would include: Missile
combat, siege engines, scouting, etc.

I would hope that a proposal that includes a larger section of the SCA would
have a better chance of acceptance by both the members of the SCA and the BOD.

I have set up a mailing list for discussion of this topic on Onelist. If
you are interested in discussing this topic please subscribe to the list.
This way, the discussion will all be on a single list rather than split all
over the sca archery, equestrian, fencing, missile combat, thrown weapons,
siege and kingodm lists.

To subscribe to the list, all you have to do is send a blank message to:
sca-4peerage-subscribe at onelist.com

If you know of others that would be interested in participating in this
discussion, please pass this information on to them or to other sca email
lists.

Please take formal discussion of this to sca-4peerage, so that your
opinion can be shared with all those interested and not be limited to just
this list.

I will post the text of the proposal to sca-4peerge on Oct. 3rd so that
everyone will have a chance to read it and consider their comments.

One point I would like to have discussed is: If non tournament heavy
weapons such as pikes, should be included under war combat as well.

Please hold off discussion of this until Oct 4th. This will allow more
people to join before the discussion starts. Also, I will be gone for the
weekend for West Crown Tourney.

Thank you, I hope that you will join in this discussion.

Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, O.L.,O.P., etc
West, Esffen