ANST - Royal Huntsman

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Sun Apr 2 18:07:41 PDT 2000

Time for me to stir some more. If their Majesties realy wish to encurage
archery in our fair Kingdom they need to make their presence seen on the
archery range and it would be real nice if they were to shoot as well.
In my time in the SCA and actualy in the last 4 or 5 years I have had a
raining Monarch delay court so that the archers had to shoot after sun down
and one raining King tell me that arrows hit to hard because he had been
brused by one. I have to wounder if he has ever been bruised by rattan.
Futher the reason arrows have develped to Baldar's and thistle missles and
fiberglass shafts woth UHMW heads if because our arrows get broken by being
stomped on and are not called. How many of you have made a good hit with
rattan and had it not called so you just mad the same hit or did you hit a
little harder, we can not hit a little harder. We have had to inprove our
arrows so that they hit harder.

As for having the Royal Huntsman chosen by IKAC it is as good as any however
one bad day and a good archer is out of the competition. I feel that a
better method would be to use a three score average from the previous year,
yea I know we don't have any one with a three score average so we will have
to make do with what we have. Also as to shooting IKAC's they may be shot at
any "offical" archery practis. I like to be able to shoot IKAC's at events
but for my two cents when shooting for champion I would rather see some
innovation in the competition, but hthat is just my peculiar way of doing
things.
Plachoya Sobaka some times I just have to stir things up.