ANST - Royal Huntsman

Sluggy slugmusk at home.com
Mon Apr 3 08:34:57 PDT 2000

"Lisa A. May" wrote:

> The more important
> archery is perceived to be to our Kingdom, the more participation and
> recognition archery will receive.

(snip)

> In the meantime, Their Majesties'
> creation of a royal archery champion is a good first step.

Well said!

I have not played for long enough to know all the old politics, and in
many ways, I don't even want to know about old politics.

What I do know is that in my canton alone, there are at least five
people who have acquired bows and started shooting in just this last
year. This interest spilled over and carried three of those archers to
the battlefields of Gulf Wars this year. Now, some of these people may
have been archers mundanely, so these may not all be new archers in the
strictest sense, but they are new to SCA archery.

I have been in touch with a couple of other groups who report similar
situations and it occurs to me that we may be in a phase where the
interest in archery is very high locally, but for reasons that I am at a
loss to explain, interest is lagging at the kingdom level.

Perhaps the time for kingdom-wide recognition of archery is now, and I
want to thank Their Majesties for creating this position!

Lord Robert of Slugglen, b.k.a. Sluggy!

--
------

Why Windows NT Server 4.0 continues to exist in the enterprise
would be a topic appropriate for an investigative report in the
field of psychology or marketing, not an article on information
technology.  - John Kirch     http://www.unix-vs-nt.org/kirch/