ANST - archery. newperson friendy? or not?

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Sun Apr 2 22:09:04 PDT 2000

>Are you saying that if i am not an archer i have no business speaking about
>archey topics?

I'm not going to get into a First Amendment discussion here.  We all know
that anyone can speak about whatever they wish; however, it doesn't mean
they know what they are speaking about.  Speaking about implies knowledge of
the subject mater.  Asking questions is seeking the knowledge to be able to
speak on a subject.  If you were not an archer, how can you speak about that
which you do not know?  I am not a Rapier combatant, I don't speak about
Rapier fighting. I use to be a Heavy Fighter and sometimes speak about my
experiences from that time.  I AM an archer and CAN speak about that.

It does sound like you're one of those sometime archers you spoke of.  Which
is cool.  That just means your focus isn't archery.

Just as a side note over the past 12 years I've seen many people who don't
shoot express opinons and the such, that because of their rank, have caused
great harm to the archery community.

You may be able to tell that this subject has my attention.  And I do not
mean to upset anyone, however......

Gilli