ANST - Royal Huntsman

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Apr 3 06:25:28 PDT 2000

Bob Dewart (gilli at seacove.net) said something that sounded like:
> Are you an archer?  If not, why are you worried about what they may or may
> not get?

I am an archer, I may not be as good as many, but I do participate
whenever I can. The activity I did the most this last weekend was several
hours of shooting. (To the point that many people commented that they
hadn't seen me all weekend.)

I personally do not feel that archery is anywhere near the level
necessary for an Armegious, let alone a Grant, level award at this time.
This last weekend is the most archers I've seen in proportion to the
event size. The fact is that despite there is a small group of people,
they do not have the numbers that I feel should be there at this time to
have a need for the cookies.

I do feel that the work you are doing with the competitions and the
medalions for different things are a good step forward. If things
continue to grow well, it may be something in the not too distant
future. I do not see it being something in the present though.

Ciao,