ANST - Fw: Changes and Conditions of Baldar Blunts

VanoraV at aol.com VanoraV at aol.com
Mon Apr 3 17:48:01 PDT 2000

Greetings,

   I saw the question posted to the Ansteorran mailing list for where to get
Baldar Blunts. Please carefully read the following letter I pasted below that
HG Baldar sent me.... too, please realize that this situation is temporary
and in the works of being fixed. In Addition, I will be updating the webpage
this week since the prices are changing and Gulf Wars has past.
   As for where to find the site, go to
http://www.n-link.com/~vanora/BaldarBlunts, but it will soon be moving to the
new HouseAsgard.org domain. Also, if you have any questions regarding the
blunts, you can personally write to HG at ACooley at IBM.net.

My Thanks,

Lady Vanora Villon de Calais
Squire to Viscount Galen of Bristol, House at the Axe's Ford
Man-at-Arms to Duke Baldar, House Asgard

> Dear Archers,
>

>     Due to some quality control issues there have been some recent changes
in
> the production and distribution of Baldar Blunts.  There have been three
> errors in production, in SOME of the blunts currently in use.
>
>  1) Some blunts have been found to have a defective material used in the
> production of the nylon disc. This has been solved and will no longer
happen
> in the future as each batch will be proofed and inspected after the run.
This
> disc shatters when used, thus ruining the blunt.  This shatter usually
> happens as soon as the blunt is seated by firing into a wall, and the blunt
> fails by shoving the shaft into the rubber cone, disconnecting it from the
> back of the blunt.  Any reasonable inspection of the blunt after fire will
> reveal the problem.  I will gladly replace 2 for 1 of the blunts that have
> defective discs, upon receipt of the defective blunts.
>
>  2) Some blunts have been found to have been manufactured with a lighter
but
> less elastic material that causes splitting of the neck upon seating the
> blunt.  This is a defect that appears immedialty upon installation and will
> be replaced 1 for 1 upon receipt of the defective blunt.
>
>  3) Lastly, some few blunts were made that used a fiberglass neck for a
wood
> shaft. This caused too tight a fit and will be replaced 1 for 1.
>
>     All replacement blunts can either be exchanged for good blunts at Jolly
> Sven's Bargain Pillage or directly through me.
>
>    In addition, as a result of the new quality control procedures, all
future
> blunts will be dated by year with a two year guarantee on the materials and
> workmanship.  In order to decrease storage and stock costs a limited number
> of colors will be offered.  Red, Blue, Black, Gold, and Green will be the
> only colors available.
>
>  Lastly, due to our friends at OPEC the cost of plastic and rubber has
> exploded.  The new cost of the blunts will be as follows:
>
>    <50 = $2.25 each
>    50-499 = $2.00 each
>    >500 = $1.75 each
>
>     I am so sorry that the cost has gone up. I have kept it the same for
the
> last four years, and the Arabs gave me no choice.
>
>    Good Shooting!
>
>  Duke Baldar

minds." ~ Albert Einstein