ANST - Royal Huntsman

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Mon Apr 3 17:57:12 PDT 2000

Ok my turn and this is not ment vindictiv, just my side. I drive some times
meany hours sit through 2 courts fix some sort of meal if feast dosen't
appeal try to watch some of the fighting be a cold day when I am in a circle
meet with the kingdom marshal if he wishes try to help new archers. All
archery shoots that I hold that are at a stated time are scheduled so that
most of the fighters can also shoot can you say mid to late afternoon.

>Your King and Queen in many cases drive many hours to reach a site, then
>they hold at least 2 courts, usually a morning and an evening, are expected
>to sit at feast, watch any and all lists, hold circles and meetings, as well
>as be available to the populace and have time to consult with your local
>nobility etc.
>
>Most time the archery shoot is held very early in the morning, and after a
>long drive or a long night of courts and meetings, it can be very harsh to
>try and get ready to be "on" as the Crown again, I know this from many
>experiences.
>
>An invitation to a breakfast/archery shoot, or an afternoon tea sitting
>under a pavilion while the archers shoot is a wonderful way to give your
>Royalty a break, let them be involved, and still have time to eat and rest.
>It also draws others into your community and makes them feel like a part of
>the activities, and let's the archer's show off their skills and meet new
>people as well.
>
>I did a Queen's Tea for Octavia at ATYC and it was tied in with the Archery.
>  Alot of people came in, got food, watched the archers and I thought it
>went fairly well.

Liked the shot at ATYC but could have done more excpet that real world got
in the way