ANST - current archery awards

Debbie Dewart darcy at seacove.net
Tue Apr 4 08:07:20 PDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlene Charette <charlene at flash.net>
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
Date: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: ANST - current archery awards

Perronnelle wrote:

>Lady Arabella wrote:

>> Maybe some one in the Heraldry department, someone who has access to the
>> Order of Presidance, might comment about the others in the Kingdom.
>
>The OP is online at http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/herald/OP/ (and
>linked from the Ansteorran homepage).
>
>The Sable Falcon doesn't list the combat style (ie, combat archery,
>sword and shield, etc.).
>

>King's Archers awarded:
>
>97/09/20 - Plachoya Sobaka
>97/09/27 - Wayne of the Heights
>97/10/04 - Gilbert Ost Westley (listed as Premier)
>
>(If Gilli really is the Premier King's Archer then either his date or
>Plachoya's and Wayne's dates need correcting in the OP.)

There is a story here why Gilli is the 3rd to receive the King's Archer but
listed as the Premier.  Gilli was to receive the first King's Archer.
Because of his work schedule he was not able to attend the event where they
planned to give it to him.  due to mis communication between the out going
crown, Mahadi and the in coming, Kein the award was accidentaly given out to
two other archers first.  they were shocked that Gilli hadn't received it
yet and insisted that Gilli should have been the premier.  Kein offered
apologies when Gilli did finally make it to an event with the award and that
is why he is listed as premier thought he was actually the 3rd to get it.
(Wayne of the Heights was also about to leave the kingdom and they also
wanted to make  sure he got it before he left.)

<snip>

>I don't want to get into a "my activity gets less respect than yours"
>argument.  Dance has worked hard to happen at events and it's much
>easier to find a place to dance than a place to shoot safely, not to
>mention site rules prohibiting archery.  In the same time period (Sep
>97-Feb 00) Middle Eastern Dance received 10 Sable Thistles and European
>Dance received 7.

>So it would appear that archers are getting getting attaboys at this
>level.

On the surface it might look like it but a Thistle is an AoA level award
(they get a title with it) and the King's Archer is non-armiguous or as my
lord said, "It's a no fat cookie."

Always in service,

HL Darcy Evaline o Lasgwm
Proud member of the archery community
Lady of House Ursa Dormant - an archery household