ANST - Re: Master Archer

gunnora at realtime.net gunnora at realtime.net
Tue Apr 4 10:48:31 PDT 2000

Mahee said:
>In atleast one kingdom to our west, an archer may become a
>Master(laurel)  and may take apprentises. The must be able to
>construct their own bows, arrows, and accesories as well as
>shoot.

It happens here as well.  For instance, Master Leon Dunne, who created his own
clothing, and learned to make his own bows and fletched his own shafts.  And
he wasn't a bad shot, either.

Or how about Master Iolo Fitz Owen, who is acknowledged inside and outside the
SCA for his knowledge of crossbow construction?

::GUNNORA::