ANST - current archery awards

Deborah Sweet dssweet at okstate.edu
Tue Apr 4 10:49:12 PDT 2000

I've combined several posts here to answer all in one shot.

Plucking the phrase "In the same time period (Sep 97-Feb 00)" from
Perronnelle's post about the 17 KAA's,

Timothy of Glastonbury wrote:
>There have been 7 rulers since the inception of the KAA.  With 17 given
out
>that is just about 2.5 KAA's per reign.  Not bad, most reigns don't have
>that many White Scarves made... many reigns don't even have that many
>Queen's Rapiers given.

Just as a FYI, there have been 108 Queen's Rapiers given out (over
approximately 11 years). If we look only at the above time frame, there
have been a total of 30 awarded, which gives an average per reign of 4.3.
As comparison, there have been a total of 136 Sable Falcons awarded (over
approximately 17.5 years). Since Sept. '97, only 26 have been awarded for
an average per reign of 3.7.

For more comparison's sake, within the above time frame (Sept 97 - Feb 00),
8 White Scarves have been recognized and 16 Centurions (averages of 1.1 and
2.3 respectively). The archers more on a par (in numbers given out) with
the grant level awards than with the non-armiguous awards.

And finally,

HL Darcy Evaline o Lasgwm wrote:
>On the surface it might look like it but a Thistle is an AoA level award
>(they get a title with it) and the King's Archer is non-armiguous or as my
>lord said, "It's a no fat cookie."

FYI, there have been 11 Sable Thistles given for Archery; 1 for Arrow
Making; 1 for Bow & Arrow Making; 2 for Bowmaking; 4 Crossbow Making; and 1
for Fletching.

If people (I'm not picking on you, HL Darcy, you've just provided a jumping
off point) think that what someone does is worthy of a Sable Thistle, then
please write to the Crown with your recommendations and reasons. All they
can do is say no, and you can try again in about six months.

Timothy of Glastonbury said:
>Start treating the KAA like what it is : The ultimate achievement of your
>artform.

I definately agree with the above statement.

Estrill Swet