ANST - Royal Huntsman

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Tue Apr 4 16:41:57 PDT 2000

Me to that is why I am in archery. Tryied rapier old and slow to any good at
it. If it was for the awards I would probly still be doing rec running. I
did a lot better in that becouse of age grouping.
I am just saying that recogition is one of the thing people look at when
getting into some thing new.

>I'm going to spend the money on the activities that I enjoy.  If you are in
this only for the awards, the boy scouts and girl scouts have a fine
program.  I have no chivalric or rapier awards, but i've been doing one for
about twelve years and the other for about five.  Do I consider either one a
waste of time?  Of course not.  If I was doing either for the awards, I
would have given up a very long time ago.

>Don't feel that this is a personal attack on you, it's not.  And I'm sorry
that you feel that "your" sport is as well regarded as others.  Write a
letter to TRM.  But advocating doing something else because their is no way
to get a peerage out of it is just plain silly.  That sort of attitude is
going to be more damaging than the problems that you are complaining about.