ANST - costuming for the summer

Elspeth de Forbeys ladyforbeys at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 09:22:51 PDT 2000

My Lord Husband and I wear early Irish wear made out
of 100% cotton for day wear in the summer. For women
that means a full skirt with an embroidered tunic. For
men plaid braes(pants) with an embroidered shirt. In
period this would have been lightweight linen (Leine
where the name comes from is Celtic for shirt )

Elspeth

--- Trish Kvamme <ladyoftherose at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Or maybe something like a chiton....my apprentices
> and I were discussing
> irish dresses for warlord, but it may be too hot!!!
>
> Larissa

=====
yours in service,
Lady Elspeth de Forbeys