ANST - see no need for cookies?!

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Thu Apr 6 15:04:06 PDT 2000

Greetings and Hi There

Lord Stefan li Rous writes:
>Why must a thank you be a shiney trinket or award? Yes, it is nice
>to have that official award from the King, but sometimes other
>things can mean as much to the recipient. Afterall, that award
>from the Royalty may be coming second hand. The Royalty may not
>know you or what you have done. They may simply be acting upon
>recommendations passed on to them.

There are many, many ways of saying thank you for a job well done.  But
there comes a time that word fame and tokins just don't fill the bill.  Not
for the person receiving the compliments, but the person who's doing the
thanking wants to give something bigger than a cookie.  That's when it's
time for an award.

Have you ever writen an award recommendation that made you cry?  I have.  I
believe that the award process is just as much for those requesting the
award as it is for those getting it.  Both will carry the rememberance of
the event with them.

Gilli