ANST - Waterbearer supplies

MGreene at mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Fri Apr 7 17:12:25 PDT 2000

Lady Giovanna Lena Caronna inquired:
 Also, if anyone has access to the flexible line that goes into the gallon milk
jugs for water-bearing.  I would greatly appreciate the donation.  <snip>

Greetings to Ansteorra,
I believe what Lady Giovanna is referring to the *food-grade* polyvinyl hose.
With summer is coming, this is a good time for Waterbearer reminders.   Tubing can be found
rolled in boxes, in the plumbing section of most hardware stores and  comes in  various thickness's.
It's used  to connect hoses between refrigeration units and soda machines.

Waterbearers have found the 3/8th in. thickness to work best for most fighter helmets.
Some have used fish tank hoses in past, but they tend to collapse on use.     Be sure to purchase
the clear vinyl instead of the stiffer white vinyl.   The hose  can be reused several times if cleaned
in hot water and soaked in Clorox bleach, and rinsed again thoroughly .

You can also buy tubing wholesale from distributors, but you have to purchase the whole box or more, and
must have a sales tax id number.  But, it can be done.

Few years ago, kingdoms started switching to the bottle pop-tops for our 2-liter containers, for sanitation reasons.
I save mine off the tops of water bottles purchases at store, clean them and pass them along to waterbearers.
But, some fighter helmets are not designed with a large opening to squirt the water through, so those fighters wish
to continue using the water hoses; anything to get water.

During these summer months, populace, please be sure to save and clean your water & milk gallon and 2-liter
soda bottles.  Also, save your water pop-tops from water and sport drinks, clean them as well.  Donate these
items to your branch Waterbearers.  It will ensure there are plenty of supplies for all our hot Ansteorran events.

Thanks,  Mistress Hillary Greenslade
(former Kingdom Waterbearer, with the grey hairs and bad back to prove it!)