ANST - A couple of COOL web sites . . .

B.Byers phantom at camalott.com
Thu Apr 13 13:28:07 PDT 2000

Being a projectionist and a movie buff, I have been anticipating this film. It will be in theatres on May 5th. True Ridley Scott is not Mr. Accuracy, but what he lacks in accuracy, He makes up for in SPECTACLE! Such spectacle that the trailer shows, gladiators fighting in the circus, with tethered hungry tigers behind the combatants, keeping the gladiators within arms reach of each other. If you go by my rule of a movie which is, if I look at my watch during the film it didn't hold my intrest. Oh BTW for sci-fi fans, Battlefeild Earth will be gracing the big screen finally. Starring, John Travolta, Forest Whittaker, and Barry Pepper (played JAckson in Saving Private Ryan, and seen in Enemy of the State, also The Green Mile) I personally read the HUGE paperback in junior high and was rivited. Despite the obvious differences seen on the trailer, I look forward to the movie. Some people stay away from any of L.Ron Hubbards stuff because of Dianetics, but I don't recall anything along those lines being prevalent int this novel.

Oh well, I have rambled enough,
Bryon