ANST - RE:ASL

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Apr 21 08:58:32 PDT 2000

Brandy Eads wrote:

> My ASL is a bit rusty as well, but when the need arises...
> I will offer my assistance as well, just need to brush up a bit
> Lady Marion
> Elfsea

Greetings Lady Marion,

Are you speaking of having just ASL experience or also
experience with the extended vocabulary specifically
for SCA use? Even folks who are confident in their abilities
in ASL might well benefit from any brush-up classes that
include the specialized vocabulary that has been developed
for SCA use.

For instance, do you know the sign for "king"?, "queen"?,
"peer"?, "knight"?, "Award of Arms"?, "Ansteorra"? Some
of these have regional differances and variations. The
article in the SCA-SL-art file in the Florilegium details
some of this vocabulary. While this article dates from
Pennsic XXIII (AS 29) it will give folks an idea of
some the vocabulary. I don't know what has been added since
then, but I'm sure there have been some changes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/HANDICAPS/SCA-SL-art.html

Stefan li Rous